|Title:||Operation & Maintenance (O&M) Manager|
|Department(s):||Operation & Maintenance (O&M)|
|Reports to:||Director of Technical Services|
The O&M Manger will provide support to the EPC team and help lead the O&M of company projects. The Manager will be responsible for newly constructed PV Power Plants, ensuring peak performance of solar power plants coupled with full compliance of all contractual obligations. The O&M Manager will play a leadership role within the organization and work closely with all stakeholders to provide best in class fleet operations.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Analyze best practices in industry for system operations.
- Review project plans, specifications & installation instructions to ensure that the project is built according to the approved design and specifications.
- Provide support to EPC team during construction.
- Manage, prioritize, and resolve on timely bases all PV Fleet activities and issues that may impact the overall solar power plant performance.
- Solar project micro-siting and optimization
- Calculation of solar project losses and energy uncertainty
- Ensure full compliance of warranty and services obligations, including contract and warranty administration, and site operations and maintenance.
- Ensures that all contractual obligations for power plants including laws, ordinances and contracts (i.e. PPA, LGIA land leases) are met
- Manage all external O&M contractors and field service organization. Provide management oversight and direction to ensure successfully perform system repairs, inspections, site visits, service calls and system commissioning.
- Participate in the development of advanced solutions to maintain state-of-the-art methods.
- Drives continuous improvements and best practices in O&M, including creating and driving the O&M cost reduction roadmap.
- Interface regularly with project owner, energy off-taker, project financier and others to deliver enhanced customer satisfaction, communication, and reporting.
- Work closely with outside resources to resolve long term systemic plant performance issues to resolve root cause.
- Prioritization day to day O&M departmental tasks, delegate and accomplish goals through others with strong leadership and management experience.
- Quote, schedule, and perform service work as requested by external O&M providers.
- Manage overall department invoicing and budgets.
- Safety trained for field work, OSHA 30 certificate preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in power plant operations and maintenance management.
- Experience in the selection and management of subcontractor and contract enforcement
- Experience managing power plants and systems with a minimum of 5 to 10 years of direct management experience.
- 3 – 5 years of solar related experience, preferred
- Experience with SCADA, software and networks utilized for solar power plants.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, and project management and organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills in a Windows environment (Microsoft Office Products), required.
- Valid government Issued Driver’s License and reliable transportation to and from work.
- Eligible to work in the US, pass a criminal/civil background check, drug screen and motor vehicle records search.
- Communicate effectively
- Customer/client focus
- Diversity and inclusion
- Stress management/composure
- Team Effectiveness
- Strong work ethics
- Problem Solving/Analysis
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.